- Hang Time: it launches you really hih and keeps you up there for long thanks to its lift
- Optimized upwind speed/angle compromise with an unbelievable traction towards the edge of the window
- Unparalleled dynamic stability in flight with accurate bar information
- Maximum power and acceleration thanks to the high aspect ratio and moderate ARC
- Complete control of the profile and distortions thanks to the all new W5 bridle and the 5 struts
The FURTIVE is the kite you need to break records with a twintip, a gun or a foil!
In 2014, Alex CAIZERGUES asked us for some custom kites to beat his own speed record of 56.62 kts. The design brief was to reach a maximum speed by riding over-powered with a 6.5m² on the speed run with an average wind of 50kts… We have therefore worked on a kite with more aspect ratio and 5 struts. But during the development, two things happened:
- First we were surprised by the enjoyment we had when riding with this kite. This is due to the thrills it provides thanks to its performance (who doesn’t like speed and acceleration…?) but also thanks to its hang-time.
- Then the foil riders in search for a long distance weapon became interested in this kite and immediately wanted to use it.
After two years of development, the FURTIVE is ideal for long-distance racing, speed riding and hang-time sessions.
The FURTIVE features a high aspect ratio for high performance and 5 struts to control the profile. The leading edge arc is reduced to develop the maximum of power for a given area.
Its profile has been developed to ensure maximum traction at the edge of the window. Its W5 bridle is totally innovative and brings together the function of a bridle and a 5th line! We have called it W5 due to its W pattern which includes a central line to control the leading edge arc, like a 5th line. It provides perfect distortion control and the central line further helps with the depower of the kite.
On the WATER or in the AIR:
The FURTIVE provides a variety of sensations.
The kite is stable and the motion is fully under control. Bar feedback is super clear which makes you want to go faster all the time. Get ready, you are going to be willing to over-take anything else on the water!
Performance usually comes with jumping abilities. To improve this aspect, we have worked on the bar feeling, its maneuverability when sending the kite to the zenith and its boost during the jumps. The kite tows you way up and glides very well afterwards. Hang-times records are up for grabs!!
Long distance racing - gun or twin-tip:
Comfortable and fast, this kite is made for long distance courses and provides you with enough control to regulate your efforts during the long runs. Its flying range provides great tolerance to wind variations, especially in the high range.
Going hard upwind feels quite exceptional as the kite gives you the feel of being on an open reach. Its traction is really oriented towards the edge of the window with good support which saves you from pushing too much on the legs or on the back.
When reaching or going downwind, this kite will let you ride at full speed, helping the board to wipe away the sea state.
To foil at high speed requires a lot of control and avoiding parasitic movements in the kite, especially wingtip flutter. If the kite moves, then you move too and so does your foil which inevitably results in losing control of your direction and balance.
Controlling the distortion of the kite during all flying phases has been the hardest goal to achieve during the development for foil riding but it has clearly benefitted all other disciplines.